Physiology & Sports Science Testing
First Performance Consultancy & Club Mina
For weight-loss, body composition optimisation, injury prevention and performance enhancement.
Cardio-metabolic exercise testing
Advanced body composition analysis
Sweat testing and hydration advice
Training, nutrition and recovery consultation and testing
VO2 and Thresholds Profiling
Our VO2 and thresholds profiling service allows you to understand how your cardio-metabolic system functions during exercise. This gold standard measure of aerobic fitness will help you to monitor the effectiveness of your training plan and assist you in future planning.
The test will be performed on a watt bike or on a treadmill. You will wear a heart rate monitor and a mask with an analyser attached to take various measurements including your oxygen consumption. The intensity will increase at regular intervals by speed, incline or resistance (watts) in order to raise both oxygen demand and heart rate. The test will last anywhere from ten to thirty minutes and is partly determined by your level of fitness. Once complete, you will cool down and we’ll go through your results.
Here you will receive a personalised printout of your fitness profile, including your VO2max score, your maximum heart rate, your lactate and lactate turn point thresholds (linked to running speed and/or watts) as well as your subsequently tailored training zones. This comprehensive analysis of your personalised fitness level, along with our recommendations will help take your training and performance to the next level.
Once booked, we want to ensure you achieve the most reliable results. Therefore, you will need to follow preparation guidelines which include:
24 hours before testing: no alcohol, caffeine or excessive exercise.
- Within 2 hours: no food, tea, coffee or cigarettes – water is okay.
- Prior to testing: complete our pre-exercise questionnaire.
Hydration and Fueling Management Strategies
Our Hydration & Fueling Management strategy provides a holistic approach to your hydration and energy delivery as per the requirements of your own physiology and exercises you do. Sweat sodium testing is included and provides an accurate reading of the amount of sodium (which is the key electrolyte secreted in sweat) lost when exercising.
The amount of sweat lost, and properties of sweat can significantly vary between physically similar individuals. Determining your unique sweat profile can help tailor a more precise electrolyte strategy. In addition, an appropriate fuelling strategy (e.g. calories, carbohydrate and more) can be devised specifically based on your event/sport requirements and your own physiology.
We recommend this test for anyone who has:
- Suffered from poor performance due to dehydration or hyponatremia
- Constant cramping, nausea, sloshy stomach, or diarrhea during workouts
- Not certain about fueling or hydration during training or at your next big sporting event
- Trains or competes in locations that have extreme temperatures & humidity
The test includes a session with Dr Ramzy Ross, where you will be provided with a personalised hydration and fueling strategy that will have a positive impact on your athletic performance. You will be advised on hydration timing, fluid/energy delivery options & quantities to consume during training and competitions allowing you to perform at your optimum and focus on achieving your goals.
- VO2 Test - Bike OR Run - 45 minutes - AED750
- Lactate Threshold Testing - 45 minutes - AED400
- Advanced Body Composition Analysis - 30 minutes - AED400
- Sweat Testing & Hydration Advice - 45 minutes - AED800
- 1-Month Training Plan Based on Test Results - AED600
Test + Re-Test Packages
- VO2 Test + Re-test - 45 minutes each - AED1,300
- VO2 Test + Re-test with Lactate Sampling - 45 minutes each - AED1,900
- VO2 Test + Re-test with Advanced Body Composition Analysis - 45 minutes each - AED1,900
- Training Plan - 2 Months - AED900
Health & Performance Blood Analysis Models
Training, Nutrition and Recovery Consultation & Testing (including blood tests)
- Enhanced - lab visit - AED750
- Advanced - lab visit - AED1,500
- Pro - lab visit - AED3,000